i had kinda hoped to laugh a bit too, but no laughter. just the fear. i had to keep pausing the movie so steve & i could scream & rant & pull our hair.
the really interesting thing is that there's no narration. the only real indicator of the filmmakers' opinions is the ominous music in the background.
Wow, I just finished Jesus Camp (well, actually, I didn't see the last 10 minutes thanks to a big scratch on the DVD), but the level of mass psychosis in these people is beyond all rational comprehension. The movie should be filed under horror, without a doubt. If this isn't child abuse, I don't know what is...teaching kids to hate themselves and the world and all their natural instincts...get 'em while they're young and vulnerable.
GOD PLEASE SAVE US FROM YOUR FOLLOWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3 comments:
That's the next movie in my netflix queue!!!!!
I'm excited and scared. I expect to laugh my ass off and become homicidal, simultaneously.
I also expect to be reminded of Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Perhaps evangelical Christians are really giant sea pods from outer space.
Makes about as much sense as anything else.
--Julie
i had kinda hoped to laugh a bit too, but no laughter. just the fear. i had to keep pausing the movie so steve & i could scream & rant & pull our hair.
the really interesting thing is that there's no narration. the only real indicator of the filmmakers' opinions is the ominous music in the background.
Wow, I just finished Jesus Camp (well, actually, I didn't see the last 10 minutes thanks to a big scratch on the DVD), but the level of mass psychosis in these people is beyond all rational comprehension. The movie should be filed under horror, without a doubt. If this isn't child abuse, I don't know what is...teaching kids to hate themselves and the world and all their natural instincts...get 'em while they're young and vulnerable.
GOD PLEASE SAVE US FROM YOUR FOLLOWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
--J
Post a Comment