This is small-scale exhibitionism, self-indulgence for the shy.
It's a lose and a win.K
I think you all deserve some sort of linguistic award for the Triceratops-derived names you've come up with for the other ones. I call for a listing of those names here so you can get an A for effort.
They are as follows: (P indicates parental influence in the naming process)Mr. BartlettKeropsDr. Snuggles (P)ToppyKarl (P)Sarah (P)HornyNew TriceratopsFor ShoppingAnd no, that last one is not a typo.
Ok never mind, my favorites are Abi's. Mr. Bartlett??? Horny is a small price to pay for such genius.
I think Mr. Bartlett is a character from a book they read at school, but I can't confirm. In the car this morning, she was contemplating changing For Shopping's name to Vernacular. I'll keep you posted as the story develops.
Please, "Vernacular." Please. She could introduce him as Vernacular Triceratops, then call him Vern.-K
Post a Comment
6 comments:
It's a lose and a win.
K
I think you all deserve some sort of linguistic award for the Triceratops-derived names you've come up with for the other ones. I call for a listing of those names here so you can get an A for effort.
They are as follows: (P indicates parental influence in the naming process)
Mr. Bartlett
Kerops
Dr. Snuggles (P)
Toppy
Karl (P)
Sarah (P)
Horny
New Triceratops
For Shopping
And no, that last one is not a typo.
Ok never mind, my favorites are Abi's. Mr. Bartlett??? Horny is a small price to pay for such genius.
I think Mr. Bartlett is a character from a book they read at school, but I can't confirm.
In the car this morning, she was contemplating changing For Shopping's name to Vernacular. I'll keep you posted as the story develops.
Please, "Vernacular." Please. She could introduce him as Vernacular Triceratops, then call him Vern.
-K
Post a Comment