Dear Words With Friends,
First, let me say that it's amazing and disturbing that Mikl was able to spell BARF and HURL in the same game.
Second, I'm happy that you did not succumb to censorship and allowed me to add an 'S' to BEANS and play SHITTY for something like 35 points.
But I must take issue with some of your word choices. What dictionary do you work from exactly? You allowed Mikl to play ONO, which I'm pretty sure is not a word except for the name of a biblical city and the last name of a famous person (or a famous person's wife, depending on your particular take). You also had no problem with BO, but I can't find it in a dictionary as anything other than an acronym. The last straw was that you let me add 'ING' to WRATH to make WRATHING. How does one wrath, exactly?
Truth be told, I would've overlooked all of these transgressions had it not been for the fact that I tried to play UZI with the 'Z' on a Double Letter and you said it was "not an acceptable word." I looked it up in three dictionaries. It's a freakin' word. I know it's technically a proper noun, but so is SKOAL which you had no problem with. I call foul, WwF. You're on notice. I hope you will read this with an open mind and reconsider your position on these matters. Otherwise, I will be wrathing.
Sincerely,
Courgette
Edit: I just looked up SKOAL and apparently it is used as a toasting word, similar to "Cheers." I only knew it as the chewing tobacco brand so when I played it in the game, I was amazed it worked.
3 comments:
Words with friends can be fun, but not when your spouse blocks you on ZOMBIE.!?! You zombie-blocked me.
You have a bigger vocabularly than I do. What is a kif? (Actually you don't have to answer because I just googled it.)
I'm willing to bet that KIF was a "Hmm, let's see if this is a word!" moment on Mikl's part.
Post a Comment