since a few people have asked (and since one person thought we'd named her Kilroy)...
Kalliroy is a Greek name that means beautiful stream. it was steve's grandmother's name and his cousin's name. i know it makes her full name quite a mouthful, but i love the name and who knows if i'll have another opportunity to use it.
5 comments:
I had wondered why your baby mysteriously always made me need to pee.
Also, "Abigail Kalliroy Katsaounas" sounds like a character from a Dr. Seuss book, so well done. Maybe she can marry Sylvester McMonkey McBean and start a proud line of Katsaounas-McBeans.
Also, all this "family name" business is great, but I totally know it was your sneaky way of naming her after Roy without anyone noticing. UNTIL NOW!
Also, in the future she can sign yearbooks and things "Kalliroy was here" which will be unique and cool. And useful if she's ever stuck in WWII Europe.
Also, an older sister could be named Kalliope. Or a brother could be Kalliboy.
Also, surprised Steve didn't change it to "KalliRoy". Get it? GET IT?
God I'm bored.
hooray for almost instantaneous blog comments! i feel loved! i'm sorry you're bored but i like reaping the benefits.
yes, she is named after Roy, since Steve vetoed Carolina as a middle name. shhhh!
it would difficult for Abi to somehow gain an older sister.
btw, you misspelled my last name twice in that comment.
1) Perhaps it's the result of conditioning, but I think "Carolina" is a lovely name regardless of affiliation.
2) Older sister. Did I mention that I'm also really tired?
3) I can't imagine how I managed to misspell Katsaounis. What's funny is that I usually get it right. What's funnier is that I actually CHECKED when I posted that to make sure I spelled it right, looked at your name in the blog entry, and compared the two to make sure. Did I mention that I'm also really tired??
I can't believe I said older sister. Wow.
You're hilarious when you're tired. I just hope little invisible animals don't start talking to you on the drive home.
Post a Comment