certain involuntary bodily functions have started occurring in pairs. i frequently burp and hiccup simultaneously and in the past week i've had several coughs turn into sneezes. unfortunately, all of these things can trigger my overactive gag reflex and cause me to lose my breakfast at a moment's notice.
the best metaphor i can come up with is this: you know how if you're downloading something on an overworked computer, that complex function will take so much concentration and effort that the computer will screw up really simple things in the meantime, like not changing the date on the calendar? in other words, my body is reminding me of my crappy PC from college. but i am feeling charitable and forgiving because, hey, it's making a kid for me. i don't know how to do that. so go ahead, body, hic-burp all you want.
5 comments:
I like the sound of the hic-burp! You are actually being more efficient in performing your bodily functions by combining them. AND you're making a baby at the same time. You should strongly consider writing something about this on your resume.
Goldsteins call them hiccaburps. They seem to have plagued my younger brother, but it may just be a Goldstein thing because I have to admit to experiencing a couple when I was a kid. It's a very odd, hee haw breathing experience. I remember thinking that this is how donkeys must feel. Bully for your complex functions.
...and bless your cou-sneeze (KA-sneez)
k
From what I have heard, if you give it some time, you may start to snart. Especially if you take a prenatal yoga class during allergy season.
nice. i'd been warned about sneezing & peeing. i guess it's only logical that farting could enter the mix. i hope all these things seem funny in hindsight.
Post a Comment