Friday, November 23, 2012

My triumphant return to blogging

If you take time to google instructions on how to clean plastic bath-squirter toys when they start to get mildewy inside, most of the results will fall into two categories of advice:

  1. "Just throw them out when they get gross. It's not worth the effort."
  2. "Oh, I would NEVER buy those toys for my kids! They're so unsanitary!"
Well answer me this, Sanctimommy: What if there were these dinosaur bath squirters that had been your daughter's favorite toys since her 1st birthday and she loved them so much that she named all five of them and took them everywhere, but now they don't sell that exact pack of dinosaurs anymore, so if you threw them out and bought new ones, she'd have Spot, Allie, Karl and Dallas but no Striper. So what am I supposed to tell my daughter about Striper, huh? Am I supposed to tell her Striper is dead? Or that he's gone to live with a nice farm family? Could you look a 3-year-old in the eyes and say that? ANSWER ME.

Or maybe I could just soak them in some white vinegar for awhile. How's that sound?

No comments: