whenever i'm about to start a sentence with, "NOTHING is more [adj] than..." i stop myself. as soon as the thought is in my head, i realize that there are lots of things that are more [the adjective in question] than what i was about to describe. and yes, i know that when people hear a statement like that, they know it's hyperbole and are usually polite enough not to quibble about its accuracy. but i still feel that i should keep my grandiose statements to a minimum or else it cheapens the effect.
that being said, i'm pretty sure that nothing, for me, has been more frustrating than thinking i was in labor when i really wasn't. my limited patience is being tried in the worst way.
1 comment:
I think that would be the worst. Way anxiety-producing. I had heard about it happening to other people but never realized until now how crappy it would actually be.
That's funny about you and the hesitancy to hyperbolize... I never noticed til you mentioned it. I often find myself hyperbolizing by saying something is "my favorite [whatever] ever"... Then later I'm like no, I actually like xy and z better. But it's stupid to go back and correct myself, so I just settle for the misinformation now out in the universe. A little restraint would be most helpful there.
Post a Comment